Recent research conducted by mental health charity Mind, found that work is the most stressful factor in peoples lives. Over the 2000 people surveyed, 34% reported that work was very or quite stressful more so than financial problems and debt (30%) or health (17%). With 19% of those surveyed taking days of sick due to workplace stress and 25% considering resigning, this study supports the consensus that attitudes towards mental health in workplaces need to be addressed.
If you are interested in becoming a mental health first aider for your workplace, we’ve been offered a special offer for on the folowing course accredited by the MHFA. Hosted by Loch Associates, this course will give you a better understanding, knowledge and confidence to become a mental health first aider.
“Mental Health First Aid Training – Two day course
This two day course, backed by MHFA England, will train your employees to become a Mental Health First Aider, and give them an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing. They’ll learn how to recognise the warning signs, develop the skills and confidence to reassure a person in distress and give them the knowledge to signpost to further support
- How to identify the early warning signs of mental ill-health
- Develop confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis
- Learn how to provide support and reassurance through enhanced interpersonal skills and non-judgemental listening
- An awareness of the options available to signpost someone to the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health at work
- MHFA Certification
- All learning resources required on the course”
Use code posturepeople50 on the purchase screen to get £50 off your tickets.
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 09:00 – Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:00 BST